Dr. Kruger’s 2018 new years message
Greetings everyone! I’m Dr. Lenette Kruger. I wanted to share my new year’s message with all of you personally.
Every new year’s eve we reflect on the past and dream about what the future will hold. It is a fact that very few people keep to new year’s resolutions. So instead of resolutions rather think of your best hopes for 2018 and set a measurable goal for each month to achieve your best hopes for your life. There are however people who like to set a few goals so I would like to share 8 alternatives to new year’s resolutions:
- In 2018 take some time to recognize your uniqueness. You are the person you spend the most time with. Focus on being kinder to yourself. Some of the negative things we say to ourselves we would never dare say to anyone else, so focus on building yourself UP by the conversations you have in your mind.
- Offer support to someone who needs it. Showing kindness to others improves your life beter.
- Focus on forgiving yourself and others for mistakes. No one is perfect. Rather learn a life lessons from each interaction, that will make you grow as a person.
- Support what is right in the face of what is wrong. Stand UP for your convictions. The greatest history makers of this world took a stand for what they believed in.
- Spend less time with electronics and connect more with the people you love.
- Practice gratitude daily. You cannot have a negative life if you actively search for things to be grateful for because the mind cannot focus on positivity and negativity at the same time.
- Only try to beter yourself and not change others, it is their responsibility.
- It’s ok to say no sometimes. Keep to your boundaries then others will also respect it.
My greatest hope for you in 2018 is that you are the best possible version of yourself and to be happy. In 2018 I will be sharing some exciting developments with you regarding positive mental health, I hope you will share in this journey with me!