Dr. Kruger’s 2019 New Year’s message
New Year’s greetings to everyone!
We said goodbye to 2018 and the blessings, lessons and memories it brought. I wanted to share my Wishes for 2019 with all of you!
I have recently visited a place known as the most “Happiest place of Earth”. A place that receives more than 150 million people a year, 12.5 million people a month and 411 000 people a day. It would make sense to learn from such a place where people go to gain a glimmer of what we all want in life which is HAPPINESS.
Walt Disney was a man with the extraordinary vision that imagineerd this place into existence. This place speaks to your inner child, your childhood wishes and dreams through the movies he made and the magical worlds he created. Although we cannot live in this idyllic world forever, we can learn a little from the lessons it teaches us and apply it to our everyday life to bring a little magic of happiness into our everyday life. So I am going to live the lessons instead of making New Year’s resolutions this year. Since it is 2019 I am going to share 19 Disney quotes and lessons with you to take into this New Year:
- Tangled: “Venture outside your comfort zone, the rewards are worth it”. Rapunzel had to take a leap of faith to leave her prison of the known for a new opportunity. Don’t limit yourself to what you already know and miss out on opportunities, life experiences and personal growth.
- Cinderella: “Even miracles take a little time”. Use your time wisely. The girl with the glass slipper teaches us to make the most the time given to us even if it is just a little bit of time. Use your time for what is important not only work but also time with your loved ones and your friends which is the most important of all.
- Frozen: “Let it go”. Let go of past failures or mistakes, it is a life lesson not a life prophesy. Let go of bitterness and resentment that will just poison your soul. Let go of self judgement, criticism and negativity and rather include people in your life who shares “warm hugs” just like Olaf.
- Beauty and the Beast: Don’t judge a book by its cover for “true beauty lies within”. Refrain from being judgmental based on your own biases. Look beyond what others say about the people around you and actively seek out the soul of the person in front of you. No one is perfect and we need to find the beauty within them.
- The Little Mermaid: “The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake”. Instead of being envious of the people around you, tend to your own life and spend time cultivating relationships that are special. If you give more attention to what is important to you then it will flourish.
- Brave: “Make your own destiny”. Be brave like Merida and actively pursue your own dream even if it is not what others expect from you. The greatest thinkers and inventors of your time followed their dreams and became successful even if others doubted them. Have courage and believe in your dreams.
- Tinkerbell: “All you need is faith, trust and pixie dust”. Leave a little “pixie dust” sparkle where ever you go. Do something nice or unexpected for somebody without expecting anything in return. Kindness and generosity is like an open hand. If your hand is open to give it can also receive.
- Aladdin: “Be yourself”. There is no other person on earth exactly like you. Be an authentic true version of the one of a kind person you are. Don’t compare yourself to others; you are a “diamond in the rough”. Appreciate the uniqueness of who you are and what you can contribute to the world.
- Finding Nemo: “Just keep swimming” when life gets you down. Life has ups and downs but it is the attitude with which you approach life that will make all the difference. Use every challenge or difficulty as a learning experience and keep looking for the positive in every situation.
- Peter Pan: “Think happy thoughts.” Growing old is inevitable but growing up is a choice. Embrace your inner child and the belief in the wondrous world of imagination, creativity and possibility. You are never too old to have fun and enjoy what life has to offer.
- Dumbo: “The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up.“ What makes you different is also what makes you special. Use your own talents and gifts to contribute to the world around you.
- Pinocchio: “Always let your conscience be your guide.” Honesty is the best policy. Use your moral compass when everyone around you is telling you what to do, and you’ll find that your intuition will point you in the right direction.
- The Princess and the frog. “If you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way”. Hard work and determination can overcome any obstacle but it is important to keep balance because what you want and what you need can often be two different things.
- The Lion King: “Hakuna Matata means no worries for the rest of your days- it’s a problem free philosophy”. Worrying brings you nowhere. You learn from past hurts to make you stronger and wiser but don’t worry about things you cannot change. Look from a different angle to solve problems. Change your thinking and worry less!
- Snow White: “Remember you are the one who can fill the world with sunshine”. Be open to making new friends and work with them with a good attitude. Being kind to others while working with them can make their day a little brighter.
- Bambi: “If you cannot say anything nice, don’t say nothing at all.” Speak words of encouragement, support and praise this year. If you focus on what to be thankful for it will also flow from your mouth. Your words are containers of power, use it wisely to build not destroy.
- Inside out: “All right everyone, fresh start! We’re gonna have a good day, which will turn into a good week, which will turn into a good year, which will turn into a good life!” Always acknowledge all your feelings. Feelings play a part in creating your decisions and memories. Never suppress a feeling, rather acknowledge it and adres it for emotional wellness.
- Monsters Inc: “Remember laughter is 10 times more powerful than screams”. Laughter brings healing to the soul. Laughter boosts the immune system and helps the body fight off diseases and elevates your mood. Humor is the antidote for all ills so laugh often this year!
Last but not least, lessons from the mouse himself:
- Mickey Mouse: “Aw this is it guys, when these doors open, we got to make a very good first impression”. Live life to the full giving of your very best to the world. Make 2019 your best year ever!
Please watch my message on Youtube. Like and subscribe for more words of wisdom and inspiration.