Creative Counselling that has impact for change.
Date: 30 November 2017
Venue: Dalpark-Education Development Centre. 18 Essenhout Street, Dalpark, Brakpan.
Presenter: Dr. Lenette Kruger
CPD: 5 General; Level 1
Impact therapy techniques amplifies positive change and multiplies the anchors in the clients minds allowing them to integrate new knowledge (whether intellectual or emotional) more quickly and with greater intensity to be recalled later. Impact Techniques are multi-sensory intervention methods that are not limited to verbal language and are based on how the brain perceives, learns, and retains information and thus can create a durable impact on the client. By using objects, images, art, movement and sound it targets the clients memory and whole brain to facilitate lasting change.
Aims of the workshop:
- Review of client-centered theories underlying Impact therapy.
- Discussion of the 8 principles of Impact therapy.
- Discussion and demonstration on how to integrate creative counseling techniques to have impact.
- Specific Impact Techniques to facilitate client awareness and communication of the issues that face them and how to resolve them.
- View video clips of case examples on Impact therapy.
Outcomes of the workshop:
After completion of the workshop the participants will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the theory underlying impact therapy and how it works with the client’s goals.
- Be able to use multi-sensory techniques to assist in effective change with clients.