Date: 21 April 2017 (East rand)
12 May 2017 (Durban)
2 June 2017 (Western Cape)
Time: 8:30-13:30 (East Rand)
9:00- 13:30 (Durban and Western Cape)
Venue: Dalpark-Education Development Centre. 18 Essenhout Street, Dalpark, Brakpan. (East Rand)
Durban: Crawford College La Lucia School
Western Cape: Reddam Atlantic Seaboard School
Presenter: Dr. Lenette Kruger (IEB panel member)
CPD: 5 General; Level 1.
Learners with Barriers to Education are entitled to be included into mainstream Education. This means that they might need accommodations to support them in developing to their full potential and to be able to give of their best in formal exams. The Department of Education and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB) have a set of accommodations to assist these learners in need of support. There are however very specific criteria and assessments that need to be completed before an application can be made. This workshop is intended to assist Psychologists in understanding the policy around accommodations, what is required and how to practically execute accommodations in a school setting.
Aims of the workshop:
- Understanding the policy for Accommodations.
- Discussing the assessment media that need to be completed to make application for an accommodation.
- Discussion of the different types of accommodations and to whom it applies.
- The application process for accommodations.
- Discussion of the practical application (example reader/scribe etc.) and requirements of accommodations in a school setting.
Outcomes of the workshop:
After completion of the workshop the participants will be able to:
- Have a clearer understanding of the policy regarding Accommodations for learners.
- Have knowledge regarding the different types of accommodations and to whom it applies.
- Have an understanding of what assessments are required and the process to apply.
- Be able to ethically administer and apply accommodations in a school setting.
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY WHICH WORKSHOP YOU ARE ATTENDING. (EAST RAND; DURBAN; WESTERN CAPE)