Remedial strategies for the Intelligence Scales (Wisc and SSAIS-R)
Date: 22 September 2017
Venue: Dalpark-Education Development Centre. 18 Essenhout Street, Dalpark, Brakpan.
Presenter: Dr. Lenette Kruger
CPD: 5 General; Level 1
As Psychologists one of the main assessment instruments we use is the Intelligence Scale (Wisc or SSAIS-R) to ascertain what the learner’s potential and difficulties are. However, after the completion of these assessments the question always remains- “now what?” The workshop is aimed at answering this question about what to do about the areas that was identified for intervention.
Aims of the workshop:
- Understanding of what the subtests of the Intelligence Scale measures.
- Discussion of the manifested difficulties of each subtest and index.
- Discussion of practical remediation strategies for each subtest and index.
- Ethical considerations regarding reporting of Intelligence scores.
Outcomes of the workshop:
After completion of the workshop the participants will be able to:
- Have a clearer understanding of what the subtests and indexes measures
- Have knowledge of what type of difficulties is manifested by a delay in each subtest.
- Be able to recommend practical remedial strategies to address difficulties for each subtest and index.
Be able to ethically report the findings of an Intelligence assessment.